Spooky Science Night
Tickets are going fast - the 5:00 pm is almost sold out as of 10/20!
The Cradle of Aviation Museum's annual Family Science Nights return with the beloved “Spooky Science Night” with two socially-distant and safe, limited attendee, family sessions on Friday, October 30th at 5 pm and 7 pm. Each session is packed with stimulating family-fun, STEM activities, and a Halloween parade to entertain the entire family. Tickets are $15.00 per person; $10 for Museum Members. All activities are included with admission. All tickets must be purchased in advance, no tickets will be sold at the door. Ideal for kids in grades K-5.
- Frankenstein Hands: Use your mad scientist skills to dissect frozen hands to discover what is trapped inside.
- Candy Catapults: Protecting your Halloween hoard is serious business. Construct and test your own catapults.
- Boo-Be-Gones: You ain’t afraid of no ghosts! Learn how to keep ghosts away with some homemade ghost repellant.
- Predicting the Future: Do you have a sixth sense? See if you can predict the future by studying what comes before it!
- Kepler Planet Hunt: There are thousands of exoplanets in our galaxy and some have gotten lost in our museum. Can you shed some light on their location?
“Spooky Science Night is a fun and safe way to celebrate Halloween. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in person and having a great night of science tricks and treats!" - Kerri Kiker, Planetarium Education Coordinator
There are a limited number of tickets available to ensure social distancing requirements are met throughout the duration of the program. Families will follow a schedule of events from the time of entry to the time of the event conclusion. Family Science Nights are designed to help families spend fun quality time together while building self-esteem, strengthening bonds, & creating memories. With STEM occupations expected to grow to more than 9 million between 2012 and 2022*, Family Science Nights are an easy way to introduce and experience activities related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
This event will be in-person permitting NYS guidance remains the same, otherwise, Spooky Science Night will shift to a virtual platform. All materials will be provided for participants and available for contactless pick up at the Museum. There will be no refunds.
We encourage all of our young participants to come to Spooky Science Night dressed in costume! We love seeing everyone’s scary, creative, fun, and joyful ways to celebrate Halloween. However, due to recent events please note there are three rules (in adherence with CDC guidelines) the Museum is mandating of all of our Spooky Science guests:
- A costume mask is not permitted. As in all public buildings in NYS, the Museum is mandating two-layer cloth or medical-grade masks to be worn at all times by all participants (age 2+) covering both the mouth and nose. While costume masks are not allowed, we invite participants to have fun incorporating their cloth masks into their costume and/or using face paint to enhance the costume. Guests not wearing a mask or not adhering to mask guidelines, out of respect for the health and safety of our other guests, will be asked to leave the facility.
- There are no walk-up entries. The Museum has a limited number of tickets available to ensure social distancing requirements are met throughout the duration of the program. Families will follow a schedule of events from the time of entry to the time of the event conclusion.
- If the weather is chilly, we understand people may want to bring along a jacket or sweatshirt. At this time we do not have a coat check. We suggest you leave those items either in your car, or to please carry them as to not lose them throughout the evening.
The Cradle of Aviation adheres to all NYS guidelines concerning Covid-19. In the event that infection rates reach 5% in our area, Spooky Science Night will shift to a virtual platform. All materials will be provided for participants and available for contactless pick up at the Museum. There will be no refunds.