Museum Sales Associate
Position Title: Museum Sales Associate
Department: Business & Finance
Reports to: Asst. Director of Business & Finance
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time 25 hrs per week,
The Museum Sales Associates is a cross trained position, acting as an integral part of the visitor experience at the Cradle of Aviation. Museum Sales Associates are the primary team members who first greet and welcome all visitors, providing accurate event information, selling admissions and memberships at the box office, merchandise in the store, and answering general inquiries by phone and in-person from the visiting public. In addition, Museum Sales Associates assist occasionally in the Reservations Department for phone bookings, school group and general inquiries.
- Provide exceptional customer service and accurate site information to the public.
- Demonstrate knowledge of museum offerings and programs.
- Demonstrate merchandise knowledge to assist customers in selections and promote sales.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Store & Box Office operations, policies and procedures.
- Master the museum ticketing & POS system Altru
- Transact sales and handling of money accurately, and efficiently.
- Oversee Ticket sales for daily operations and all special events at the museum.
- Adhere to museum procedures and policies for safeguarding daily receipts and cash handling.
- Assist in inventory counts; help to maintain an orderly and attractive store, and organized stockroom by keeping merchandise filled and neatly displayed.
- Additional related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Strong customer service skills required; ability to make each visitor feel welcome
- Strong team player with great communication skills
- Comfort with technology required; experience with point-of-sale systems desired
- Ability to multitask and prioritize required
- Experience with retail sales and/or store operations desired but not required
- Weekend and holiday work required as museum events dictate
- Minimum High School diploma
- Computer skills required and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel a plus
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Altru a major plus!
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment for this position is a typical retail or ticket sales setting with periods of standing, sitting, cashiering and administrative work at a computer. This position requires climbing ladders for merchandising, and lifting of boxes (average 30lbs) for inventory and shipping etc
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Kate Ludwig at email@example.com with “Museum Sales Associate” in the subject line.