Our new family-themed public overnights will kick-off with Spring into Fun on March 20th, 2020!
Spring into Fun this March with an exciting sleepover at the museum that will include a night full of hands-on activities, a giant dome theater movie, snacks, and a light breakfast.
- Scavenger Hunt - Explore the galleries by night with your flashlight as you hunt for artifacts with our new scavenger hunt!
- Rocket Mosaics - Alka Seltzer Rockets with food coloring fuel will leave beautiful art as they blast off into the night!
- Balloon Stamping - Make swirls of color using balloons as your brush as you paint your next artistic creation!
- Spring Trees - Design your own beautiful spring trees with brown craft paper and bright colored tissue!
"It will be an enjoyable family night filled with fun and exhilaration that will make long-lasting memories." - Ines Jijon, Museum Educator
7:30-8:00 pm - Check-in
- Museum Store open
- Scavenger Hunt and Activities
9:30-10:00 pm - Join your group in your sleeping area and prepare your beds.
10:00-11:00 pm - Dome Theater Movie
11:00 pm - LIGHTS OUT!
6:30 am - Good Morning!
6:30-7:30 am - Breakfast in the Café
8:00 am - Sleepover ends - go home and tell all your friends!
Program Details & Requirements
- Children ages 5-13 are welcome, along with their parents or caregivers.
- At least one adult per four children is required for all groups.
- Adults must be 21 or older.
- Note: Scout groups are welcome at all Overnights
- Pre-registration is required.
- The program cost is $50 per person, payable at the time of booking.
- Absolutely no walk-in registrations are permitted.
- To save your spot, call the Reservations Department at 516-572-4066 Monday through Friday, 9:30 am-4:00 pm.
- Each adult guest must fill out a participant release form - Participant Release Form
- If you are a chaperone for a child (e.g. for your child's friend), we will also need a release from that child's parent or guardian.
or call Reservations (Monday through Friday, 9:30-4:00) at 516-572-4066
Please fill out the release form here! Parents/guardians of minors you are chaperoning also need to fill out this form!
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Evening snack and light breakfast
- Scavenger Hunt (BYOF - Bring your own flashlight!)
- Hands-on Educational Activities
- Giant Dome Theater Movie
- Access to the Museum Galleries
What should we bring to the sleepover?
- Sleeping Bag and/or sheets
- Inflatable mattresses are permitted
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Warm, comfortable clothing to sleep in
- Earplugs (optional)
- Night mask (optional)
How do I purchase tickets?
- Please call Reservations at 516-572-4066.
When will I receive a confirmation?
- You will receive an email confirmation shortly after you register. Please have your confirmation available at check-in along with your completed participant release forms and photo ID.
What are the age limitations?
- All children must be at least 5 years old and no older than 13 years old. Programming is ideal for children between 5 and 13 years old. Adults must be 21 or older.
Are younger or older siblings allowed to participate?
- Yes, as long as they are between the ages of 5 and 13 years old.
What time is the Overnight?
- The Museum Overnight begins at 7:30 pm and ends at 8:00 am the next morning.
Where do we park?
- Parking is available at our facility and is free of charge.
How do we check-in?
- Please enter through our main entrance on Charles Lindbergh Blvd to check in with your sleepover equipment. All entrances are wheelchair accessible.
What if we arrive late?
- Check-in begins at 7:30 pm and ends at 8:00 pm when programming begins. The entrance will remain open until 8:30 pm for late arrivals.
What if we need to cancel?
- There are no refunds for overnights - all ticket sales are final.
Can we leave early from the overnight?
- Yes, participants may leave early if needed. All exits from the museum are final.
When will the Museum Store be open during the overnight?
- The Museum Store will be open from 8:00 to 9:00 pm during the overnight.
What if someone gets sick during the overnight?
- Notify a staff member if anyone in your group is sick or hurt.