The mission of the Cradle of Aviation Museum is twofold: to engage all ages in the exploration of our aerospace heritage by preserving and displaying Long Island’s contribution to air and space travel; and to inspire, motivate, and stimulate our youth to be the next generation of aerospace scientists and engineers. We achieve our mission through our growing exhibit collection and our ever expanding educational programs.
Race to the Moon Student Video Contest
The Cradle of Aviation is invites all young people in grades 6-12 to submit a 2-3 minute video describing their vision of how our journey into space evolved from science fiction to the real world exploration of space.
Submitted videos will be judged on the basis of clarity, creativity, thoughtfulness, originality, and appeal of the submitter’s vision.
The video submission period begins November 14, 2018 and concludes on April 1, 2019.
A grand-prize winner will be selected from all entries and a first place, second place and third place winner will be selected for each grade level. Each entry will receive a certificate of participation. Grand prize winner will receive a prize package, including a one year Cradle of Aviation Museum family membership, valued at over $150.00. Winners will be announced May 1.
• Open to all young people in grades 6-12.
• Students may compete individually, or in teams of either 2 or 3 members.
• Length of the video must be between 2-3 minutes long.
• Videos may be real or animated.
• Sources of information & materials used (i.e. music) should be properly acknowledged & credited in the video.
• To submit a video, upload it to a video site like YouTube or Vimeo and email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org (between November 30, 2018 and April 1, 2019) along with your name(s), grade and parent's contact info.
• Submission grants the Cradle of Aviation Museum permission to display the video in the museum and on their website and social media channels.