Job Title: Museum Educator
Projected Start Date: ASAP
The Museum Educator is someone who brings the museum’s artifacts and aerospace history to life through interactive engagement on and offsite of the museum. The Educator responsibilities include conducting tours and programs for school groups, scouts, teachers, seniors and other museum guests; lead activities with the general public during public programs, vacation breaks and special events; lead outreach programming at partner schools, libraries, and other institutions on a regular basis; maintain a commitment to accuracy of information and emphasize positive, personal interactions with all visitors; training is provided. The Museum educator will also be required to setup programs at the museum and during outreach; light lifting is essential such as tables, chairs and program bins.
- Knowledge or interest in museum education, aviation or space exploration.
- Good public speaking skills.
- Ability and willingness to engage in positive personal interaction with the public.
- Dependable and punctual, Roughly 25 hrs. or less depending on bookings
- Experience in teaching or interacting with students preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work day shifts, some evenings and weekends when needed.
Fax resumes to 516-572-4079 or email to email@example.com