Bilingual Education Coordinator
Cradle of Aviation Museum
This is a full-time salaried position.
The Cradle of Aviation Museum seeks an enthusiastic self-starter and organized Education Coordinator to plan, develop, and teach high quality education programs for Pre-K – 12 students, scouts, and the general public in both English and Spanish. Programs include weekend and evenings STEM workshops, outreach events, and field trip classes at the museum. The employee will report to the Education Director.
Education Coordinator Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator will assist the Education Director incorporate the collection, the exhibitions, galleries, current events, timelines, facts, and core curriculum standards into all written material and activities. Some of the duties include, but not limited to -
- Prepare, research, practice and present new programs for the Education Director.
- Attend, coordinate, train, evaluate and substitute for part-time teachers and docents.
- Inspire and excited students and visitors about STEM by facilitating a conducive learning environment for all participants to further our museum mission.
- Find, prepare and order education materials necessary for programs.
- Managing, training, and evaluating interns, part-time museum educators, and docents.
- Maintain the education collection, storage areas and classrooms.
- Oversee administrative aspects of the department including producing statistics, tracking event attendance, monitoring staffing scheduling, and responding to public inquiries.
- Represent the museum at appropriate events and conferences.
- Understand curriculum requirements and remain current with teaching techniques.
- Seek and apply for funding opportunities.
These processes will be done using a team approach with museum departments including the following: development, marketing, finance, programs, Directorial, visitor and guest services.
Qualifications and Experience
Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in one of the following: museum studies, education, history, science, technology, aerospace or equivalent life experience in one or more of these areas.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable learning new software programs.
- Willingness to work flexibly in regard to scheduling and implementing programs.
- Experience in working with elementary aged students preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.