Position: Part-time Scout Educator
The Cradle of Aviation Museum is one of Long Island’s leading historic and educational institutions. Opened with just a handful of aircraft in the un-restored hangers in 1980, the museum moved into the present modern facility in 2002 after a major renovation and expansion in the late 1990s. The museum now welcomes visitors ranging from our veterans to school children to scouts to our youngest aviator enthusiasts in the Junior Jet Club. Our mission both honors the vital role Long Island played in the infancy of flight while educating and inspiring youth, including our local scout groups, who count among their alumni many famous aviators and astronauts.
We are currently seeking part-time scout educators who will conduct current scout programming for Cub, Boy and Girl Scout Groups.
All Part-time Scout Educators will:
• Present guided tours and workshops to all levels of scouts typically weekday afternoons and Saturdays; after school hours and Saturdays are required
• Assist with delivery of programs at libraries, scout functions and other community organizations.
• Assist with research, development, creation of educational materials, maintaining records, data and statistics as needed
• Represent the department at scout fairs and planning sessions
• Perform other duties as required by management
Experience in formal and informal educational settings is preferred. This position requires creativity, energy, organization and strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment required. Background in history, science and museum studies/education and a general knowledge of scouting is a plus. Hours include afternoons and weekends.
For consideration e-mail resume with cover letter to: Marie Ilardi, Scout Coordinator at email@example.com