Built in 1912, we proudly celebrate Nunley's Centennial!
Admission is $2.00 per rider and everyone on the carousel is required to have a ticket! The carousel is located in its own beautiful building adjacent to the Cradle of Aviation on Museum Row.
Nunley’s Carousel was created in 1912 by the Stein and Goldstein Artistic Carousell Co. of Brooklyn New York. The carousel was installed on the Brooklyn waterfront in Canarsie’s Golden City Park where it was known as “Murphy’s” carousel and operated for 26 years. in the Spring of 1940, it reopened as Nunleys Carousel in Baldwin NY. After delighting three generations of riders, in Baldwin, Nunley’s Carousel and Amusements closed in 1995 and was purchased by Nassau County. Nunley's opened in its new home on Museum Row in 2009. The Carousel has been painstakingly restored to its former glory by Nassau County and through the efforts of then 11 year old Rachel Obergh, who helped raise some of the restoration funds through "Pennies for Ponies." Read all about the restoration efforts here.